10 Reasons Why Cheap Design Will Cost You More
Websites offering $5 logos or DIY logo creator software are tempting when you’re trying to get a business off the ground. It’s a too-good-to-be-true money saver that most regret sooner rather than later. Your logo and brand is not a cost, it’s an investment in your future business. What you invest into it directly translates to how your target audience perceives your business.
Working with a graphic designer for logo design or any design needs brings benefits to your business. Here are 10 reasons why you should work with a professional graphic designer for your logo or branding:
1. Unique Identity: A graphic designer can create a logo that is distinctive and unique to your brand, setting you apart from competitors and making your business memorable to potential customers. I worked on a brochure and web design for a client whose logo was designed through a $5 site and discovered that the ‘unique’ stylistic element the ‘designer’ used was used on 6 other companies’ logos!
2. Innovation and Creativity: Graphic designers bring a fresh perspective and creative ideas to the table, helping you come up with a logo that captures the essence of your brand in an innovative way. Before a good graphic designer starts developing ideas, they research and learn about the company they’re working with, the industry they operate in, and even the competitors to ensure the logo stands out and appeals to the target audience.
3. Knowing the Target Audience: Trying to create a design that appeals to everyone between the ages of 1-99 will end up appealing to no one. Designers can help find the niche you’re after and take into account your target audience’s preferences and expectations. This ensures that the logo appeals to your intended market and communicates the right message.
4. Legal and Copyright: Professional designers are often well-versed in copyright and trademark laws, ensuring that your logo is original and doesn’t infringe on anyone else’s intellectual property. We do checks to make sure what we design is unique to your business.
5. Professionalism: A graphic designer has the expertise and experience to create a logo that looks polished, well-crafted, and aligned with your brand’s image. No clip art here. A professionally designed logo can instill trust and credibility in your audience.
6. Understanding of Design Principles: In order to make a logo or design look good, there’s a theory that goes into it. A lot of theory. Books full of theory! Graphic designers study and restudy design principles such as balance, contrast, color theory, and typography. They know how to use these elements to create a visually appealing and effective logo.
7. Brand Consistency: A graphic designer can create a logo that aligns with your brand’s overall visual identity, ensuring consistency across all your marketing materials and platforms. Many people think a logo is a brand, but it’s not! A logo is part of a visual identity(logo, fonts, colours, etc.), which is part of a brand identity(brand story, tone of voice, personality, etc.). A graphic designer makes sure it all works together.
8. Scalability and Versatility: A professional logo will be designed with scalability in mind, allowing it to look great on a small business card, a mobile screen, or on the side of a building. It will also work across various mediums and applications. A typical logo is not just one logo, but often four or more variations of a logo.
9. Save Time: Good logos take time to create, even for a professional. There’s research, development, and production time before a logo is unveiled. Let a graphic designer take the visual load off of your shoulders so you can do what you do best, run the business side of things.
10. Long-Term Investment: Your logo is a central visual component of your brand. It’s an icon that you, your team, and your customers will rally behind for years to come. Investing in a well-designed logo removes the need to rebrand a few years down the road, which could be more costly and confusing for your audience.
Cheap graphic designers and design tools are out there, but in the long run, cost more than investing in your company with a professional graphic designer right at the beginning. It’s a worthwhile investment in your brand’s future success.
If you’re ready to make that investment or have some questions about how graphic design can help your business increase revenue and memorability, feel free to contact me.